Oneplus One users can now enjoy the taste of latest Android 5.1.1 via the Cyanogen OS 12.1 update released by Team Oneplus. The OTA update process is quite slow right now, with only 2-3% users have only received the update.
This update will update your device to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
The update provides critical security fixes for the device for various vulnerabilities which were revealed on Android Devices, especially the Stagefright. The installation time is about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to fully charge your device before installing the update.
But don’t worry about the delay. The entire ROM is available for download. You can download it from here. This is a 645 MB update and will be working fine, irrespective of the version installed by you. But, if you are on a custom ROM rather than Cyanogen OS, you need to do a clean install of the ROM. Also for people who have installed TWRP, make sure you use TWRP v2.8.6. because the latest v2.8.7 has a bug and it won’t flash the latest baseband on your device.
- Your device will get updated to latest Android 5.1.1. You will get all the new features that were available with Android 5.1.1.
- Critical Security fixes for your device will be installed, especially Stagefright. It really is fixed with this update. You can check using the Stagefright Detector app from the Play Store.
- There’s a new Home Button in Google Chrome, with Bing as the default homepage. You can disable the button through the settings.
- OK Oneplus detection has been improved.
- You can change the LCD density
I will recommend the users that they should definitely install this OTA update for Oneplus One. I’ve personally tested the new update and I haven’t found any bugs till now. The device is definitely smoother than before.The battery life is also improved.
So, go on with the update. We hope it would be a smooth transition for you. Do tell us if you find any bugs with the latest update in the comments section below. Cheers. 🙂